2012 Home Ownership
APPLICATION PROCESS OPEN
Habitat for Humanity Atlantic County will be holding New Homeowner Orientations for those interested in Habitat homeownership. It is essential that you attend the orientations as the Habitat program will be explained. Habitat for Humanity Atlantic County is a non-profit organization that partners with families to provide simple, decent, affordable housing to low income families. Applications may be obtained at the orientations.
We have scheduled four orientation meetings which will be held at the following locations:
Thursday, November 8, 2012 ** CANCELED DUE TO HURRICANE and NOR'EASTER - TO BE RE-SCHEDULED
Buena Vista Township Municipal Building
890 Harding Highway, Buena, New Jersey 08310
Wednesday, November 14, 2012
Trinity United Methodist Church
7117 Ventnor Avenue, Ventnor, NJ 08406
Tuesday, November 20, 2012
Good Shepherd United Methodist Church
207 Northfield Avenue, Northfield, NJ 08225
Saturday, December 1, 2012
Zion Lutheran Church
312 Philadelphia Avenue, Egg Harbor City, NJ 08215
Qualification Check List for Applicants:
- Only for 1st time homebuyers/homeowners.
- Resident of Atlantic County for at least one year.
- Inability to secure a conventional home mortgage.
- Full disclosure of financial and personal situations, including income, marital status, household
composition, debts, etc.
- Stable income history – 3 year current consecutive work record, SSI, pension, child support, etc.
- Willingness to remain in program for 18 months to 2 years waiting for a home.
- Willingness to contribute at least 250 hours of Sweat Equity per adult members of the household
(18 years and older).
- Willingness to serve on a volunteer committee for at least a year after you are in your home.
- Ability to provide a"Good Faith" deposit of $500.00 (which will be deducted from the mortgage at closing)
- Ability to provide closing costs (approximately $2500.00)
- Consent to required Credit Check and Background Check
- Good credit history and willingness to make regular payments on outstanding debts in accordance
with a repayment plan.
- Habitat for Humanity Atlantic County is not a Section 8 rental subsidy program.
- Positive references from employers, creditors and landlords.
At the orientation you will have an opportunity to ask questions and will be provided an application for the Habitat Program. Volunteers will be available to assist you in completing the applications. Please call the Habitat office at (609) 487-9472 if you have any questions.
Mailing Address: PO Box 443, Pleasantville, NJ 08232
Physical Address: 7117 Ventnor Avenue, Ventnor, NJ 08406
PH: (609) 487-9472
FAX: (609) 487-7516
Office Hours: Monday - Friday 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Last Updated (Thursday, 11 April 2013 20:39)